Calling teens ages 13-18
Are you interested in health, wellness, and helping the community?
Do you need summer volunteer hours?
Have you thought about becoming a Summer Health & Wellness Ambassador?
Come on board with us Summer 2023 to share your passion for health and wellness and gain valuable community outreach experience through volunteer and leadership development.
What are Health & Wellness Ambassadors?
Delaware 4-H Health & Wellness Ambassadors are official representatives and promoters of holistic healthy living, including fitness, nutrition, mindfulness and substance use prevention
Each summer we train a cohort of teens to be peer educators in the community
Trained teens will be matched up with various summer camp sites in New Castle County and teach about health, wellness, and nutrition
Who should join? Teens ages 13-18 interested in cultivating skills of health, wellness, and leading a healthy lifestyle who are also seeking volunteer hours in summer 2023
If you are looking for a way to gain community volunteer experience in health and wellness, this is for you!
What does becoming a Summer Health and Wellness Ambassador Entail?
- Interested teens will attend summer training on Saturday June 10th from 10:00am-2:00pm at 461 Wyoming Rd
- Training will cover topics including; working with younger youth, teaching physical activity, and teaching youth how to cook!
- After completing training, teens will have the option to volunteer at one of our summer camp locations in New Castle County
- Teens can also choose to participate in other volunteer tasks such as; remote food insecurity mapping, participating at health events, and other activties!
- At the end of our summer season all teens will recieve a letter of volunteer confirmation
- For teens who complete a minimum of 5 hours of volunteering + evaluation a $25.00 gift card will be awarded
- Detailed agenda and other information attached below