GRE Live-Online TEST PREP
Start preparing for graduate school now!
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is a critical application component for a variety of master’s degree and doctoral degree programs. Start preparing for graduate school now, by enrolling in the University of Delaware's GRE Live-Online Course.
The GRE revised General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study. The University of Delaware's GRE Live-Online Course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. It is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree within the next five years. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE.
The GRE Live-Online Course includes:
- 24 hours of expert classroom instruction in a live-online format
- Course materials:
- Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test (published by ETS, the official GRE provider)
- GRE Student Workbook
- GRE prep software
- Real GRE practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Online office hours
- Module recordings by topic
- Recorded class sessions
The GRE Live-Online Course meets two evenings per week for four weeks in a live-online, interactive virtual class environment.
- Same great program as the on-campus GRE exam prep class
- Flexibility of attending class from anywhere!
- Real-time interaction with expert instructors
- Unlimited access to recorded class sessions for up to 30 days after the course ends
- Class can be retaken within one year at a 50 percent discount
- Minimal tech requirements to participate: Adobe Connect and Adobe Flash Player (free downloads), high-speed internet and speakers
Quantitative Test topics include:
- picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test topics include:
- solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed
Offered in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants
The University of Delaware’s test prep institutes are offered in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC), a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, ETC helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the country. ETC provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.
Financial aid available
Need-based financial aid is available for students enrolling in the ACT, SAT, GRE, LSAT or GMAT test prep programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with preference given to submissions received three weeks prior to the applicable course start date. Click here for the online application.
This program is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. The only requirements are high speed internet access, speakers, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered to your preferred mailing address 4-5 business days after you've registered. Materials cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box.